SkyVantage is a leading airline software and web-based company with multiple fast-growing brands serving airlines and consumer audiences all over the world.
SkyVantage is privately held and has enjoyed steady growth over the last ten years in the airline industry.
Get your job done, take initiative, do great work, and you’ll fit in very nicely here.
To apply, send your cover-letter and resume to email@example.com.
Web Developer Career in Utah
We are looking for a detail oriented, hard working, dependable and trustworthy Web Developer, this is a unique opportunity to work in the aviation industry and to travel the world.
…Is this your job? A day in the life of a SkyVantage Developer.
- 7:55 am: I arrive at the SkyVantage corporate offices, I see some colleagues nearby and say a quick hello to them.
- 8:00 am: At my desk. Turn on my iMac, complete with dual monitors. Log on and check the SkyVantage Calendar for today’s meetings and appointments. I log on to the project manager site and check my To-Do-List. Yes! My hour therapeutic massage is next week! (gotta love office mojo perks!)
- 8:15 am: I am greeted by the “Office Mojo Assistant” who asks me what I want to drink. The assistant also brings my favorite snacks which are kept on hand.
- 8:20 am: I prepare for the weekly meeting of all SkyVantage employees. I meet with the head of Development and discuss any items that need to be brought up during the meeting.
- 9:00 am: We meet in the conference area. Important items for the week are discussed and I give my input to every member of SkyVantage.
- 10:00 am: I begin working on the development items for the day.
- 10:45 am: I have a question regarding my current project, so I discuss it with my team and my manager calls an impromptu meeting on the whiteboards. We discuss the best technology to use and any business requirements.
- 11:00 am: The Office Mojo Assistant checks up on me and refills my drink and snacks.
- 11:45 am: I finish my project and add my notes into the project management site. I then hand it over for the QA process. 12:00 pm: I enjoy a nice lunch at a local restaurant with several of the employees – they like the break and we typically will not take work items to do during lunch.
- 1:00 pm: Back at my desk. Check and respond to emails. I check the project management site for what is the next development item.
- 1:30 pm: Start a new project. I have questions so I walk over to the support department and find out more information.
- 1:55 pm: The Office Mojo Assistant checks up on me and refills my drink and snacks.
- 3:00 pm: A break is needed, so I launch a Call of Duty LAN party on the wall with 4-60 inch TV’s. A couple other employees join in as we battle Juggernauts.
- 3:30 pm: At my desk, I continue working on my project. Why doesn’t this block of code work?!?!
- 5:00 pm: I head for home to enjoy my personal life.
- Location: Draper, UT. Must live within a reasonable Draper commute.
- International travel required (3-5 days each quarter) • See us on Twitter and Facebook (SkyVantage)
- Competitive salary DOE
- Friendly work environment
- Bonus Programs • Big Screen / PS3 / Netflix for down time
- Monthly massage
- Employees may also be eligible for endurance race sponsorship
- Participate in the continued development of our airline software including status meetings and mapping out development.
- Communicate with existing customers regarding new project development, including specifications and documentation.
- Take part in the ongoing development of our products including implementing new features, finding and fixing bugs, and communicating with other systems.
- Excellent Communication Skills
- PHP (or any modern language) web development experience ￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼
- MVC Experience
- Proven experience working in a LAMP environment.
- Experience with GIT.
- Experience with relational database design and development
- Ability to write functions, triggers, and queries to MySQL
- SOAP / Web Services
- Must be able to pass a DHS/TSA background check